Email continues to be the top digital marketing source for business today. Unlike other marketing channels, you have complete control over your email marketing. But if you don’t utilise it well, you could end up losing precious sales. Here are some tips to help you write convincing email marketing copy that converts readers into genuine leads, and boosts ranking as part of the best SEO service offers.
Make it easy to understand your message
Long-drawn paragraphs and convoluted messages will drive readers away quickly. Consider the following:
- Choose a central message and stick to it without digressing to another point.
- Use punchy subheads and bullet lists to feed small bits of information to readers.
- Write short paragraphs and sentences to cater to readers with shorter attention spans these days.
- Use images to explain your message in more detail.
Your email messages should easily be identified so that readers know exactly what they are going through in your email. This is why it is important that you identify your main message before getting down to the actual writing.
Keep it short
Remember, people today are busy. They simply don’t have the time to read through heaps of content. They want you to get to the point… and fast. Consider the following:
- Avoid technical writing because readers may not understand this and will quickly move on.
- Get to the point in the first few lines so you draw the reader’s attention at the start.
- Make sure to use powerful words to keep readers interested.
- Keep the focus on your recipients rather than on your business because people get bored easily.
- Find out more about your target audience so you can tailor content to keep it short and specific.
- Use personalisation where possible so people know you’re talking to them specifically.
A short email message that drives home the point will do wonders for your email marketing strategy, without wasting your reader’s time.
Demonstrate the benefits
You want to show how your products and services will benefit the customer so they know exactly what is in it for them. This is a far better way of showing value rather than just listing out your features. Consider the following:
- Show your prospects what they would gain if they used your product and service.
- Be as specific as possible so they can see tremendous value in what you’re offering.
- Highlight the dollar/percentage value advantages if possible so they know exactly what they are getting in return.
Use your email marketing copy to make sure your prospects fully understand what you’re offering and why it is a good fit for them.
Make sure you write a subject line worthy of an open
Many brands find it difficult to get prospects to open their emails in the first place. This could be because your subject lines are not as click-worthy as they should be. Consider the following:
- Pay attention to the subject line and pre-header to help prospects see what your email is about.
- Make sure your subject and pre-header is relevant to the content of your email so your prospects have a clear understanding of what you’re talking about.
- Be sure to follow through with any promises you make in the subject to build trust with your customers.
At the end of the day, prospects have access to heaps of content on the Internet, which is why you need to find ways to stand out. Make sure your messages are consistent, along with consistent subject lines and pre-headers.
Use a strong call to action
Writing good copy isn’t enough. You need to entice your readers to take your desired action. Consider the following:
- Make sure your call to action responds with your content.
- Don’t ask your reader – tell them what you want them to do.
- Make sure your call to action is prominent so your readers know what you want them to do without having to look for it.
- Avoid cluttering the email with too many CTA’s that don’t have a central focus – concentrate on one and do it well.
The right call to action will drive home your message and help you get your desired results.
Your email marketing efforts should be a key focus of your business to help you reach your desired audience, get the right conversions and ultimately boost your SEO efforts.